Please self-screen before coming to the facility and please stay home should you be running a fever or exhibiting any of the signs or symptoms of the Covid-19 virus.
Thankfully, we have not had any reports of infections among our membership or staff and these measures will aid in minimizing the risk of infection. As always, thank you for your adherence to these guidelines and do not hesitate to contact the CFH should you have any questions.
Yours in Good Health,
June 1, 2020
for Fitness and Health Member,
The CFH team
and I are excited to announce that the Center will re-open on Monday, June 8th
with some accommodations for the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The health and wellness of our members and staff
has always been our top priority and will only be enhanced as we navigate a “return to normal.” During the time that
CFH has been closed, we have cleaned and sanitized all equipment surfaces and member touch points, locker rooms, pools and pool decks, group exercise studios and our childcare facilities. In the next week we will have all carpets, tile areas and the pool decks sanitized as well in preparation for your return to the facility.
With regard to your membership dues, since The Center for Fitness and Health closed effective March 17th and will re-open June 8th, we will apply the remaining two weeks credit from membership dues from March to June. To thank you for your continued support, we will not be billing for the remainder of June membership dues. Normal billing will resume on July 1st. Special accommodations are available for those who may be at risk by returning at this time. To discuss your options please call the membership office at (724) 379 – 2065.
The following are the steps we will be taking, under the recommendations of the Governor’s office and the Center for Disease Control.
- Training sessions will be conducted in new equipment cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting protocols.
- Temperatures will be taken prior to work shifts and if measures temperature is equal to or
above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit the employee will be sent home.
- Any employee showing signs of illness will be sent home immediately and not allowed to return until cleared by a physician.
- Required “gel in” with hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the facility.
- Trained proper hand hygiene, cough/sneeze etiquette, cleanliness, sanitation and how properly wear face coverings which will be mandatory for service staff.
- If possible, we will space equipment six feet apart. If this is not possible, we will encourage members to practice safe distancing by not allowing utilization of equipment in close proximity.
- Equipment will be properly wiped down after each member usage.
- Additional gym wipe stations have been added as well as disinfecting spray and cloth towels for sanitizing equipment.
- MSDS (Manufacture Safety Data Sheet) Sheets of cleaning and disinfectant supplies will be posted showing the COVID kill claim.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations added for member usage.
- Staff will wipe down frequently touched surfaces such as free weight handles, cable accessories, equipment control panels and other high touch areas.
- Marks will be placed on the floors and the group exercise studios to ensure safe distancing between members and class times will be reduced slightly to allow equipment cleaning prior to the next class.
- Signage will be placed throughout the facility reminding everyone of safe hygienic practices.
- Group Exercise classes will be shortened to 40 minute classes to allow for cleaning in between classes.
- Towel service will be temporarily discontinued to limit hand to hand contact between staff and members. Please bring your own towel if necessary.
- Social distancing should be practiced if at all possible. Maintain at least 6 feet of separation from other individuals not within the same household. If not possible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough/sneeze etiquette, cleanliness and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
- Please disinfect equipment prior to and after usage.
- Utilize the hand sanitation stations upon entering the facility or wash hands with soap and water.
- Workout gloves that cover your hands from the wrist to the fingertips are encouraged.
- Face coverings that cover the mouth and nose are encouraged. If not possible, please practice proper social distancing.
- Outside of your own yoga mats for yoga classes, we will ask that members not bring their own equipment to the facility.
- Gym bags will not be permitted to be on the floor in the fitness area.
- Individuals age 65 and older, or those with a compromised immune system are at a greater risk of contracting the virus. Safe distancing is essential for this group.
- Self-screen before coming to the facility for any of the following new or worsening signsor symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19.
The adherence to the above guidelines should ensure a safe re-opening for everyone. We ask for your cooperation as
we navigate through this ever changing time and encourage you to joining us in ensuring that CFH remains clean and safe for all members.